Monday, January 09, 2006

Shriek of the Week, Vol. 7 (AKA I'm really trying to avoid getting sucked into the new season of the Bachelor)

This week, to start the new year off right, I shriek for a spankin' new band. Presenting... ARCTIC MONKEYS. I've heard two of their songs, both really kick ass, they have an EP out and the first album comes out towards the end of the month. AND they're my favorite type of band ever, BRITISH. The album'll be called "Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not." So get on the wagon now before they blow up huge. You heard it here first...

And if you're wondering where little ol' me finds cool new bands like this, check out WOXY (the future of rock n' roll), Indie 103 (their morning show is the Mighty Morning Show with Dicky from the Mighty Mighty Bosstones and Jonesy's Jukebox in the afternoon, coolest station in the country), WFUV (for all the folky/rocky/country-ish stuff) and the best thing to happen to Jersey since, well, me, G-Rock Radio, finally, finally, FINALLY streaming live. They're all available online and they rule. Give them a listen and maybe next year you'll be singing right along with my top 10 list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home