Sunday, October 16, 2005

I heart Henrik.

The Rangers are at the top of their division, and I have a new sports crush... goalie Henrik Lundqvist. The spunky Swede is doing a fine job of minding the Rangers net, though Renney claims he's still not our number one goalie. Whatev. He's number one in my eyes...

There's madness going on in the NLCS right now, apparently the ump threw out Jim Edmonds with two outs in the eighth of a one run game. Wha?

I'm starting to warm up to the White Sox, and I'm perfectly fine with being a bandwagon fan in this case. I really don't know what to do, I don't have the Mets to root for (not surprising, sadly) and I don't even have the Yankees to root against (quite shocking). So, I'm at a loss. I was kind of leaning towards supporting Houston, but they're from Texas and there's Roger Clemens involved, and that's not stuff I really want to support. Plus the White Sox have a nice story.

And finally, to bring this sad sports page to an end, the Giants broke my heart today. That was just painful to watch. If ONLY we'd won the damn coin toss, we had so much momentum. I still have a sports crush on Jeremy Shockey. As long as he doesn't talk. Ah... the G-men...they look so good in those football pants.

I went to watch the aforementioned heartbreaking event at a bar to remain nameless to protect the innocent, had a few Magic Hats, tipped the bartender well, and never got a buyback. He showed me one of the #9 caps (they always say something kinda funny) and this one said, "The only true gaffe is not to laugh." Which made me laugh, but wasn't as nice as a free drink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home