Wednesday, November 16, 2005

I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore...

Five things that made me angry today, in order of appearance:

1. Skimming through Rolling Stone this morning, I saw this quote from Adam Carolla, who for seemingly no reason whatsoever is replacing Howard Stern. When asked about the rock stations that are disappearing lately he said, "I don't know what year folks are living in. If you want to hear music, get an iPod. If you want to hear talk, get a radio. That's my feeling." I love my iPod, it's the coolest invention ever, but ya know, my iPod will never host a presale for concert tickets to my favorite band, it will never introduce me to a band I've never heard before, and when it plays a song that totally changes my mood, it's a little less thrilling because I put it there in the first place. I like hearing music on the radio, and I'm pretty damn sure I won't like hearing Adam Carolla on the radio. That's my feeling.

2. I had a hectic morning, figured I'd cool off a bit on the walk to work, and then it was seven million degrees outside. Luckily, this ended by the time I got home.

3. Just about everything that happened between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m.

4. I was at work until 8, and actually left at the same time as the Guy Across the Alley and still didn't run into him outside. Grr...

5. The farking bus driver went past my stop, and then when I asked her to stop at the next one (because the "Stop Requested" light was still on from when I initially requested my stop, so I couldn't just pull the chain again), she stopped by this tree, and I had to basically climb between bus and tree to get to the sidewalk. I was really, really trying to be nice and not pissy, especially since I'd had such a pissy day, I didn't want it to end badly, and that WOMAN dropped me off in the middle of the fucking street. Ugh.

Thank god for Ben and Jerry's. OK, off to Florida... Thanks for reading my rant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home