Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Les poissons, les poissons, how I LOVE les poissons...

Particularly salmon. It made my day a gazillion times better today. This day was rough... Spoon apparently can't wake me up in the morning anymore so I overslept, one of my surveys went haywire, I felt like crap AND I couldn't find a decent e-card for my parents' anniversary, all of this on top of not having a plan for getting home at Thanksgiving or for that matter what to do with myself this weekend, so I was a giant stressball.

And then, I realized that cooking might make me feel better, so I decided to poach me some salmon. Yummy. Totally worked. But I do have dishes to do now. In any case, I highly recommend this simple, tasty recipe...

1 cup water
1/2 teaspoon vegetable flavored bouillion
2 (8 oz.) salmon steaks (3/4 to 1 inch thick), each cut into two pieces
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives

1. In large nonstick skillet, combine water and bouillion. Bring to a boil. Arrange salmon steaks in skillet. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 6 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.

2. With slotted pancake turner, transfer fish to warm serving platter, cover loosely to keep warm.

3. Add lemon juice to liquidin skillet. Cook over high heat for 2 to 5 minutes or until sauce is reduced to about 1/4 cup, stirring frequently. Stir in parsley and chives. Spoon sauce over salmon.

Voila! And it's even better if you dance around singing "Les poissons, les poissons, how I LOVE les poissons..."

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A year, a full year I live with you and never did I get salmon! BS... you gonna be in town anywhere thanksgiving weekend? Also I just want it recorded somewhere that I was in florida this weekend and NOT the prick in Cheryl's blog.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Funkmeister said...

d mize - you are off the hook for NOT being the prick. but i think we all know who he is

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to make sure there was no confusion as I was the one to coin the term Hot Pete. But knowing that, I think it's pretty evident who would be that much of a dick...

1:21 PM  
Blogger lunchbox said...

DMize, I'd shut it while you're still ahead... how was the weather in Tampa? I'll be there tomorrow! Haven't figured out Thanksgiving yet, as noted in the post to which you responded.

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whatever, make me some salmon and come play, done and done.

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home