Monday, January 16, 2006

Dammit advertising!

I haven't eaten McDonald's since lent in 2003. This doesn't mean I've given up fast food entirely, I'm slowly working other fast food out of my diet, but I seem utterly incapable of giving up, say, Mexican Pizzas from Taco Bell and Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers at Wendy's. In any case, I eat the stuff far less frequently than I used to, and I'm pretty happy about that, as is my tummy.

But lately, I have had the most ridiculous cravings for a Quarter Pounder with Cheese and they are driving me completely fucking insane. I can get fantastic burgers anyplace else, burgers infinitely better than the semi-meat from poorly treated cows processed in meat packing plants that don't care about their employees on a bun that McD's is serving up, but I can't seem to shake this hankering. And every time I see one of those commercials, especially the one with the guy that has a whole plate of double QPC's for his football-watching friends, it's like I'm looking at the holy grail. I can only fear the havoc that reintroducing such a thing to my system after nearly three years would induce, and that seems to be my main deterrant. That and that the golden arches are hard to come by in the District. But my willpower is fading fast. Quick, someone show Super Size Me!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where's the shriek of the week?

12:45 PM  
Blogger lunchbox said...

I don't shriek on national holidays.

1:35 PM  
Blogger Funkmeister said...

don't do it!!! fight the urge!!! you're not missing anything by NOT eating it

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home