Thursday, March 02, 2006

1-0


This is a glorious day. Tonight was the first game of Mets spring training. And even better, they beat the snot out of the Cardinals. Hope springs eternal for me and my fellow believers in all that is Amazin'.

I also seem to have turned some things around in my life, and feel like it might be the start of an upswing. Jenn 1, terrible shit, 0. It's about flippin' time. I wish I could elaborate, but it's not one particular thing, it's just an overall feeling of good. Not quite "Walkin' on Sunshine," but possibly "Waitin' On A Sunny Day." It's nice for a change, and kind of shocking given certain looming events, but I'm going to go with it.

Also, the Rangers... whoa... I don't know if I can handle this. The Rangers have been so bad for so long, I can't possibly be optimistic about this situation. I have to expect utter disappointment and a March-long losing streak. I don't know how to act otherwise. Should something like that not happen, I do have a playoff ticket or two lined up. Hurrah!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home