Friday, February 17, 2006

You Simply Cannot Hide From The Ugly Truth

It's already been proven that less attractive people have a harder time finding a job than the beautiful among us, and that if they do get a job, they have a harder time being promoted or earning a comparable salary. Well, it turns out there's another risk for the unattractive: seems they're more disposed to criminal behavior. Given that all I've ever done is lift a pack of gum when I was 5 (which my Mom made me admit and return) and a wee bit of underage drinking, I'm gorgeous, right? Actually, strike that question mark, I'll just assume I'm right on this one.

Did anyone watch the Olympics coverage last night? I was watching for the sake of snowboard cross, which is possibly the coolest thing I've seen in a long time, let's hope Lindsay Jacobelis can live up to Seth Wescott's golden precedent tonight, but had to watch a lot of men's figure skating to make it to the finals. I am now firmly convinced that men's figure skating is the lamest thing ever to appear on TV. So many sequins, yet so little art.

Anyway, back to SBX, the ladies and I have decided that J would be the best SBX training partner ever, so Meg's practically on the team already, we've just got to get her off those damn skis and on a board...

And finally, despite it being a holiday weekend, I'm breaking my no Shrieking on national holidays rule... 'til Sunday, auf wiedersehn.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree! Figures skaters - psshhh! Unless you have a hockey stick or a curling broom (?) in your hand, get off the friggen' ice! Good to know I've been training for an Olympic sport and didn't know it! Thanks, J!

12:55 PM  
Blogger Funkmeister said...

mups - i kind of like speed skating --esp the short track - it's like roller derby on ice!

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home