Monday, December 19, 2005

Shriek of the week, Vol. 6., um, um, an update on the weekend, ah, term papers... Things that are overdue?! Ding ding ding! Yesssssssss!!!!

Shriek of the Week? Keeping it simple this time. Plain, simple, lovely rock. Big ups to Cake. I've never heard a Cake song I didn't like, and hell, they made I Will Survive really, truly cool and not in a tacky, rainbow-afro-wooo-70s kind of way. They have an advice column on their Web site. Rock. And, I don't think I need to remind you, "sheep go to heaven, goats go to hell." Classic.

And my weekend, you say? Well now, that's a nice long story... Had plans for a Friday evening soiree to check out some salsa and donate to a good cause, but then I got home Friday, realized my apartment was a hole and I hadn't packed and had to leave at 5 a.m. the next day to snowboard, so I bailed. I hate doing that after I've officially RSVPed, but I had no choice. So, I got all my junk done, went to bed pretty early, and woke up really early to hit the road. By 10:30, I was at Mountain Creek and about to hit the slopes. Met up with Kerwick and Meg on the lift line, had lots of lovely pre-lunch runs, rocked a big cookie and then rocked the Hill of Death. It was the bomb. Then there was the holiday party at 801 Madison, good times were had by all, though if anyone can explain how Christmas turned into an occasion for slutty t-shirts, I'd really appreciate it. I kind of get halloween being a ho-fest, and can even see where slutty togas come from, but really, Christmas? Where's Bill O'Reilly on this trend, eh?

So, party ended, went back to the appropriately named Brothel for some shut eye, and was rudely awakened by someone else's friends who were also staying there making noises that I cannot repeat in polite company. I shudder at the thought. Then, woke up early, went out to Grandma's on Long Island. My Dad was up for the week, so it was even better than the usual trip to Grandma's. We enjoyed some Italian heroes and Grandma was even feeling well enough to walk me back to the car, aw...

Back to DC, through the traffic and madness, got back just in time to make it to the office Christmas party without being too hideously late. Though to be perfectly honest, I really wanted to go to bed, I'm glad I went, but I felt like a complete tool. A few reasons why:

1) Stopped at Whole Foods on the way there to pick up a bottle of wine, and the Whole Foods I chose did not sell wine. ARGH. No time to go back to the one closer to my house, and no open liquor stores in the 'hood.
2) Button popped off my jacket while reaching for the parking lot ticket during said futile visit to Whole Foods.
3) Showed up with no gift, wet hair and a serious lack of witty conversation due to ludicrously small amounts of sleep.
4) Only person at party who did not bring a date.

Today was better. Work was OK, my trip to Target was rather successful. And I topped it all off with Cafe Asia. Tasty. I'm sure this was awfully incoherent, but now you're up to date, and tomorrow's my date with Tai Shan. Hubba hubba.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I told you you could stay at my place... I didn't even have a roomate...

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hill of Death and the Giant Cookie totally rocked! I'm so sorry you had to live through the live, um, peep show!

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home