Saturday, December 10, 2005

"I ain't going to work today" "Yeah, why not?" "Cause I'd rather work on breaking my own bones with some style, ya know?"

Today is a very special day. I have just spent five hours or so hurtling down a mountain at possibly unsafe speeds. My quads are burning, my hair's a giant mess, I probably smell and I surely have a new bruise or two...it's awesome.

I spent the day in PA at Whitetail, not a bad little resort. They only had blues and greens open, but conditions were great, it wasn't too crowded, the people I sat with on the lift were nice, although I think I offended one by saying 'ass.' There was also the kid from Falls Church who was talking about how easy it is to get to Whitetail and how much easier it would be next year. When he can drive. I'm ancient. But anyway... the riding was fab. Perfect weather, very nice snow, especially considering that it's only December.

So here's the really weird part. I had my iPod going on the way up there, as I usually do on long trips, and this time, it was set to random. I love random! In a sense, randomness is my job (and as anyone who's ever had a conversation with me knows, I don't leave it at the office). Because of all this, I REALLY want to believe the Apple folks who say that there aren't any tricks to iPod's randomness. But today, I really had to question it. It played an ODB song from the Slam soundtrack, followed by a Wu song. Which is a fun coincidence. But THEN, with only one song in between the Wu and this new madness, it went further and played the Handsome Boy Modeling School song featuring the rapper from Gorillaz and then a Gorillaz song. WTF. They're freaky connections, so it seems possible that it was just random, but damn. It sure felt like it had a brain.

And now it's off to figure out something appropriate to wear for cocktails this evening. TTFN! Also, special thanks to U.S. Bombs for writing a song worthy of quoting as today's headline.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home