Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Shriek of the Week: Bridenapping Special


Since I'm still on a damn Arctic Monkeys high (and haven't heard much else worth shouting about) and I had such a fantastic weekend, this week, I'm shrieking the mix tape I made for the drive to Lex, and whoever that band was playing at Kappa Sig at W&L on Saturday. One of my very bestest friends is getting married this summer, and we did what any good General would do... kidnapped her and brought her to Lex for one last hurrah. For the trip down, a proper mix. If you were in college in the late 90s, this is the best mix ever:

1. This Is How We Do It - Montell Jordan
2. Wannabe - Spice Girls
3. Staying Alive - Wyclef Jean
4. Semi-Charmed Life - Third Eye Blind
5. Livin' La Vida Loca - Ricky Martin
6. All About U - Tupac
7. Hypnotize - Biggie
8. Bling Bling - B.G.
9. Still Not A Player - Big Punisher
10. Jigga What, Jigga Who - Jay-Z
11. Got Your Money - Ol' Dirty Bastard
12. Miami - Will Smith
13. One Headlight - The Wallflowers
14. Livin' On A Prayer - Bon Jovi
15. Come On Eileen - Dexy's Midnight Runners
16. Mmmbop - Hanson
17. 8:02 PM - For Squirrels
18. No Scrubs - TLC

It's kick ass, no? As for the band, I have no idea who they were, and they weren't very good, but we still danced and they closed with Rage. Madness! The mix tape got us all fired up, so we hit the Palms, worked the jukebox, Alabama Slammers and $5.25 pitchers as much as we could, then found a Live Drive to Davidson Park for the KS throw down... Unfortunately, people thought we were Road Cheese, but we got over it and had a blast. Exhibit A above. I had so much fun, I bought a confederate generals souvenir mug at Lee-Hi.

This... 27-year-old me at a frat party/proud owner of a confederate generals mug... was the start of what is sure to be a seriously bizarre week. It's currently snowing in Washington, what kind of horrifying joke is it to make it snow when I have no chance of snowboarding? WTF. On top of that, I have what my doctors think are three fibroadenomas in my right breast, and I'm having them removed on Thursday. I'm a little freaked out by it all, but I'm glad it'll be over soon and I won't have to worry about them anymore. It's just not something I thought I'd be dealing with at this point in my life. So I'm emotionally messed up and everybody's being phenomenally nice (Jen and Jill brought me candy!), my parents will be here tomorrow and then I spend the following two days lying around, possibly detour for pandas and cherry blossoms, then go see Jamie Cullum. Maybe it'll be unbizarre by then.

I've had the last smoke I can have before the surgery, and the last beer, so now all I can really do is go to sleep, I think. Wish me luck... post again Friday. Or possibly while drugged on Thursday night. YAY painkillers!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute pic! Hmmm... I can't decide if I'm horrified or elated at your choice to put "Mmmm Bop" on your mix...

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And of course, well wishes for tomorrow! I'm sure your parents will do a great job taking care and pampering your every need! :)

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please tell me the brunnete all the way on the right is one of the smart ones you were talking about.... oh and good luck not only with the surgery, but that othe "parent" thing.

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of luck with the surgery. The hottie on the right has to be the one getting married, correct? And nice mix, although I want to make sure you went with the Big Pun/Incubus version of "Still not a player."

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you went with that version I will disown you as a foremer roomate, and I'm not even sure what that means...

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home