Saturday, April 29, 2006

Able to Revive Zombified Blogs in a Single Post

Frankly, I've been MIA for the last few weeks. Life has been insane, so much going on in every facet, I'm not quite sure where to start. So, about all I can do is offer a sightseeing tour of my state of mind. Your tour guide, Jenny (which she can only be called when offering tours of her psyche and not ever in real life), is wearing a perfectly tied stewardess scarf and lovely white skirt suit which belies the madness she is about to reveal...

The train leaves from track 20, making all local stops... Woodside, Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, change at Jamaica for...

Shea Stadium/Madison Square Garden: Well, the Rangers (LOVE the montage) are done for. Alas. It was a surprisingly good season, so I suppose I should be happy we did that, but I just wish the magic had lasted a bit longer. The Mets, on the other hand, are keeping me quite happy these days, though they're very hard to follow from DC. Julio Franco's on FIRE!

Music City, USA: There's not a whole lot going on here. I haven't heard anything new/exciting in quite a while, though I do like the new Pearl Jam single. I'm going through a Liz Phair resurgence, listening to Whip-Smart a lot lately. I know it's not her most critically acclaimed album, but I love it, highly recommend it. Right now, I'm really feeling Support System. AND I'm playlist happy since I'm getting one of those Bose things for my iPod in honor of my trip to...

Old Town: I'm turning 28 in like 11 days. I have no idea how this happened. I don't want much... cough, ScrubsDVD, cough... just good times with good friends. I'm having a little party to celebrate, and if you're reading this, you're probably invited, so get your arse to DC!

Random: What is up with the insane bird that chirps outside my window at 3 a.m.? How is it not asleep?

Work: Is utter madness. And I had a review recently, and though this may come as a shock to some of my dear readers, I'm too nice. If anyone has any tips for being firm, but keeping a smile on your face, I'd appreciate it.

Outrage: This (go to the site and watch the animated version) is hysterically funny to me, though I know nothing about the game or what the hell the guy's yelling about. A co-worker told me it makes him want to scream "MINUS 50 DKPS" everytime someone cuts him off in traffic, and I kind of agree. Though I will add that it makes me want to scream "IT'S NOT EVEN FUCKING REMOTELY IMAGINABLE!!" when I think about the state of our nation. I can't even link anything to "state of our nation" because there's just too much shit to be angry about right now. Argh.

Do-Gooderville: I'm organizing a charity gala! Hurrah! And I have an actual, real committee to do my Community Service stuff for W&L. I feel all adult.

The Castle: I've had fun storming it. Not sure I found exactly what I'm looking for, definitely found a good bit of alcohol, actual meals, things which can be smoked, and an appreciation for lifestyle firms. In the process, I feel I've gone through so much self-examination of the way that I handle myself in certain situations, that regardless of what happens, I'll be a better person for it.

Ronkonkoma: Last stop, no passengers. This train is going to the yard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home