Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Surviving an honest to god hump day...

And the first one of 2006 at that! I don't know what it is, but work has suddenly blown up into this crazy insane thing. I thought it was just a pre-holiday burst of stuff to do, but it hasn't ended. I really don't see an end to it either. I worked a little late Monday and Tuesday, then tonight I was there until almost 9. Nutty. At very least, I'm making up the hours I'll lose for Chill.

For those who don't know, Chill is a program started by Burton (one of the bigger snowboard companies) to help underprivileged and disadvantaged kids from inner cities get out to the mountains and build some self-esteem and skills (nunchuck skills, bowhunting skills, computer hacking skills...) that maybe they hadn't had a chance to build before. I'm volunteering to help teach the kiddies, which they do on weekdays, so I'll be leaving work early the next two Tuesdays. And possibly heading out to Whitetail this Saturday to help set up the gear room. There's a chance I'll be the only person involved over, say, 21, but I'm hoping there's at least one other adult there. Wish me luck. And if you're not a snowboarder and can't help out in a hands on way, please donate, it's a good cause, for rizzle (Practicing for hanging with the 21 year olds. Am I convincing?)

OK, time for a little late dinner and some Project Runway. Auf wiedersehn!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home